Vanilla Ice Cream
INGREDIENTS FOR VANILLA ICE CREAM
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Stir milk, cream, and sugar into a saucepan over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Heat just until the mixture is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge.
- Transfer the cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in vanilla extract and chill mix thoroughly, for at least 2 hours. (Overnight is best.)
- Pour cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker, turn on the machine, and churn according to the manufacturer's directions, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ice cream is softly frozen, serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the ice cream and place it in the freezer to ripen, 2 to 3 hours.