ALMOND, BLUEBERRY, & VANILLA CAKE
- 375g blueberries
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- 11/2 cups (330g) caster sugar, plus extra 1 tbs
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 200g of unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean Powder
- (3) Three eggs
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup (120g) of almond meal
- One and a half cups (225g) of self-rising flour
- 150g firm ricotta, crumbled
STEPS ON HOW TO PREPARE ALMOND, BLUEBERRY, & VANILLA CAKE
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease a 20cm round cake pan and line the base and side with baking paper. Combine blueberries, maple syrup, extra sugar, and corn flour in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the corn flour.
- Pour over the base of prepared pan.
- Place butter and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until thick and pale.
- Beat in vanilla, and then add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon zest, and then fold in almond meal and flour. Fold through the ricotta.
- Pour butter over blueberries and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then carefully invert onto a serving plate. Cool to room temperature before serving.